Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Revisiting some recent layouts

I decided to  quit Club Scrap for awhile in June and become a Swirly Savage (for those not in the know that means I joined the Swirlydoos club) in July. While I haven't gotten a ton of projects done with my gorgeous Swirlydoos kits thus far, I would like to share what I have done (and photographed).
This beauty started out as a piece of paper with clear embossed doilies that were simply begging to be used for a resist technique... and who am I to deny them that right? It just so happened that I'd picked up some of the Tim Holtz Distress stains shortly before receiving this kit, and they worked like a dream to color the paper. I layered with the cardstock option papers, some yellow organza from my (vast) stash of fibers, and dug out a Martha Stewart punch for the green punched border. A title and some tiny letters from the kit, along with some staples from my Tim Holtz tiny attacher, and we were in business! The picture was taken at the English Camp on San Juan Island, Washington.
This beautiful picture is my oldest niece and her boyfriend at their 8th grade dance/prom.... aren't they adorable? The kit I used for this was a Swirlydoos spotlight kit called Love Games, which coordinated perfectly with the photo and gave a nice formal look to the layout.
And, lastly.... the very first layout I made with a Swirlydoos kit showing my letter from Krissy welcoming me to the club! This marked a big change for me in transitioning from the Club Scrap kits to another kit club. While I still enjoy the Club Scrap stuff, especially those rockin' stamps!, I am thrilled to be a Swirly Savage and have the newest and best of the scrapping products in my monthly kits. We are only a day or two away from trying to snag the add-ons for November's kit, and my October kit should be here on Friday. Can't wait!!!


No comments: